Crafted for ad-led digital publishers across media, Voiro’s cloud-based, configurable ad
revenue suite is designed to maximise revenue and streamline operations, all on one
intelligent platform. Our mission is enabling media owners to unlock the power of data
they already have, to monetize their content sharper.
Voiro’s Revenue Management platform powers some of India’s largest OTT companies
specialising in live cricket and reality TV.
As a Data Scientist, you will working closely with our product and leadership teams, leveraging data that flows through our platform to enhance the product, design new data-driven features as well as build models for the future of our product.
You should be able to gain expertise on our entire suite of offerings and bring in experience in data science practices/models as well as various technologies required to achieve this. You should come with a proven record of leveraging large volumes of data to solve large scale business problems.
- Studying Voiro’s products and their benefits for users.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to leverage platform and customer data, optimize
customer experiences, optimize revenue, build recommendation engines and
analyse audience data.
- Monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Collaborate with teams across product, engineering and leadership to implement
models and features and monitor outcomes
- Gain expertise on our entire data landscape
- Prioritize activities based on customer and business impact
- Build awareness and understanding within the organization regarding data
science roadmap and data science practices
- Interact with customers and our user-base on a regular basis to solicit feedback
and translate into product requirements
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellence in Written & Oral Communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must possess a strong intellectual curiosity and desire to understand data landscape, core client pain points and resolve them in a sustainable fashion
- Able to make decisions and create internal frameworks for effective team management – processes for success, maintaining regular touch points, resource allocation and overcoming obstacles – with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of ownership and highly driven work ethic
- High Interpersonal Awareness
- High attention to detail
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- 3-4 years of experience with data sets and building statistical models, Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
b. Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
c. Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
d. Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
e. Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
f. Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
g. Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
h. Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience with media data is a bonus