(a) What information we collect.
(b) How we collect and use that information.
(c) How should you provide information selectively, and how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information from you inter alia for the following purposes (i) providing you with our services; (ii) improving our services; (iii) improving our business as a whole; (iv) analysing data, tracking trends, creating databases for rating systems, recommendation engines, bidding algorithms etc.; (v) research; (vi) legal requirements and (vii) transfer of such information, by way of sale or otherwise etc. (collectively referred to as the “Purposes“).
We will collect two types of information from you.
Personal Information (as described below) and Non-personal Information (all other information).
If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information technically, as long as they stay combined, such information will be deemed as Personal Information.
For the purposes of this Policy ‘Personal Information’ means any information relating to an individual which directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with Voiro (“Us” or “We“), is capable of identifying the individual.
We do not, however, collect ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ which consists of information relating to:
(a) Password other than the password used for accessing the Website;
(b) Financial information such as bank account or credit or debit card or other payment instrument details;
(c) Sexual orientation;
(d) Medical records and history; and
(e) Biometric information.
YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED TO REFRAIN FROM PROVIDING TO US ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION. IN THE EVENT YOU PROVIDE ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, EITHER INADVERTANTLY OR OTHERWISE, YOU HEREBY ABSOLVE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE COLLECTION, RETENTION, TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF SUCH SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION.
How we collect and use information
Information we get from your use of our services
When you interact with Voiro, you may be asked to provide your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information in order to use our services. We may use and combine Personal Information we collect from all of our services with Non-Personal Information to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services. Should any of the information described below be classified as Personal Information, you hereby agree that Vorio may collect, use and/or disclose the Personal Information for the Purposes as set out in this policy.
The following are types of information which we may collect and examples how we use such information. Please note that the information described below and how it is used are examples, and are not exhaustive.
The collection of Information
- When you create an account on the Website, we’ll ask for certain information, including but not limited to your name, telephone number, e-mail address, age, profession, past experience, education, organization details.
- Information relevant to user behaviour and problem diagnosis—we may track your usage of our functionalities on our Website. We do this to learn about your usage habits and help improve our services. When the Website is forced to exit or crashes, we will collect error related information including information pertaining to your device to diagnose problems.
- Location Information – when you use location-based applications and features, we will collect your location information. For instance, when you use location-based search, your location information will be sent to Voiro, in order to provide you with more precise information.
- Log Information – when you visit the Website, we will automatically collect and store information in server logs. Such server log information may include: IP address, browser type, browser language, referral URL, operating system, and date and time stamp and click-stream data.
The use of Information
- The Personal Information may be used to make our Website better, however, in most cases we will only use comprehensive information and statistical information for such purpose.
- The Personal Information may be used to communicate with you.
- The Personal Information may be used to deliver customized content to you. For example, we may recommend and display the content and ads that may interest you; or use such information for research purposes.
- The Personal Information may be used to analyse data, track trends, create databases for rating systems, recommendation engines, bidding algorithms and transfer such information.
- We may also use your information to improve our services and analyze the efficiency of our business operation.
- We may analyze the data from our ‘user experience program’ to improve user experience, operating performance, problem solving, functionality and design of our Website.
Information we share with third parties
We will ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information. You are authorizing us to share your Personal Information with a third party without the requirement of any further consent in the following cases:
- Cases in which disclosure as required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations or as required by a court or tribunal.
- Cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way.
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual.
- Cases in which disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings.
- Cases in which the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer.
- Cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest.
- Where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by law.
- For one or more of the Purposes described above.
- For user protection needs, we may share Non-personal Information publicly or with our partners to show trends about the general use of our services.
Such third parties may include:
- our associated or affiliated organisations or related entities;
- any of our agents, contractors or third party service providers that process or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres; and
- third parties to whom disclosure by Voiro is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
Subject to applicable law, Voiro may, at its sole discretion, transfer Personal Information to any other body corporate (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000) that ensures at least the same level of data protection as is provided by Vorio under the terms hereof, whether located in India or any other country. By using the Website, you accept the terms hereof and you hereby consent to the storage and processing of information in any of the above locations.
Voiro endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the security measures adopted by us are:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to Voiro employees and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with Voiro may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
Retention of Personal Information
We will also put in place measures such that your Personal Information in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the Purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Information; and (ii) retention is no longer.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Dispute resolution
In accordance with The Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
You may write to him/her at the following address:
Voiro Technologies Pvt Ltd,
No 10/1, Flat No 2,
High Gate High Street,
Bangalore – 560005
jithingeorge [at] voiro.com